Latest Coronavirus Situation
In light of explicit statements made by the Prime Minister in the last half hour we will be cancelling all our classes and dances for the time being. To do otherwise and continue with our timetable would be to ignore this advice and act irresponsibly.
The BBC News website is reporting the following:
“Now is the time for everyone to stop non-essential contact with others and to stop all unnecessary travel,” the prime minister says.
Here are some key points:
- Anyone who lives with someone who has a cough or a temperature should stay at home for 14 days
- People should start working from home where they possibly can
- Avoid pubs, clubs, theatres and other such social venues
- Only use the NHS when we really need to
- From tomorrow government will no longer be “supporting” mass gatherings using emergency workers
This advice is clear and leaves no room for doubt.
We hope to restart classes as soon as possible but unfortunately it looks like there will be a few months hiatus in our dancing.
We look forward to seeing you all again in more certain times.
Please stay well and keep healthy,
Eric and Helia